posted Jan 11, 2016, 9:21 AM by Jonathan Stewart
updated Jan 11, 2016, 9:21 AM
Thank you to everyone who offered valuable feedback in our fall family survey. We had 72% participation and we read each one of your responses. Your ongoing feedback has helped create our amazing school community. As just one example, student and parent input largely influenced the improvements we've made together at our new campus.
You can view the full results of our parent survey here in both English and Spanish. A few of the key insights from the survey are:
- Families rated our mentoring program, small student body, focus on Habits of Success, and personalized learning as the best attributes of our school.
- We are proud that over 90% of our families trust us and would recommend our school! We're striving for 100%.
- We aim to create a welcoming community and 95% of families feel that we are realizing that goal.
- Based on feedback from last year, we have improved communication by keeping our website and calendar up to date and continuing to publish an informative newsletter. 89% of families feel well informed.
- 79% of families think our school design creates a positive learning environment. This spring the new Oak Grove theater will open on campus which we’ll be able to use, and once we finalize our 5-year lease agreement with the district, we’ll seek your input again on improvements to make to our campus space.
- While 84% of families think our school seeks feedback from you, only 57% think we use that feedback. Change may not always be immediate or visible, but please know we take your feedback seriously and do make changes.
We've used the survey results to set goals and make plans for the second semester. As always, if you have any additional feedback, please contact us.